Terms & Conditions
FIVE YEAR GOOF PROOF PLUS PROTECTION PLAN
You have the option of extending my one year guarantee to FIVE years with the purchase of my Goof Proof Plus plan. In addition to extending my one year guarantee to FIVE years, Goof Proof Plus also protects you from a variety of accidental damages you may cause in those FIVE long years!
For residential use only
1 Plan Full Replacement Plan offered exclusively by Guardian Protection Products, Inc.
- Call Bob’s at (800) 569-1284 to report factory defects to your merchandise. My Customer Care Department is available 6:30 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Saturday.
- Call Guardian at (800) 538-9500 to report accidental stains or damages to your furniture within 30 days of occurrence.
If you did not purchase my Goof Proof Plus and would like to add it to your order, you may call the store where you purchased up to the day before your delivery or pick-up. Please keep your sales receipt and protection plan for proof of purchase.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
This is not a warranty of the retail establishment from which you purchased your furniture protection product. Coverage is limited to invoices no greater than $20,000.
Warranty coverage is limited to North America. All warranty claims must be submitted to Guardian Protection Products, Inc. This Protection Plan is not a cleaning or maintenance contract, insurance policy, or original manufacturer’s warranty. This plan is only valid for new furniture that was purchased at the same time as this Protection Plan, and appears on the sales receipt as such. There is no deductible associated with this Protection Plan.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY:
This plan, issued by Guardian Protection Products, Inc., hereinafter referred to as “Guardian” applies to the original owner of the new furniture item(s) purchased with this plan and listed on the invoice, hereinafter referred to as “Customer”. Guardian warrants the furniture purchased with this plan, and will service the item(s) as outlined below, within five (5) years from the date of delivery.
COVERAGE FOR FABRIC, LEATHER OR VINYL UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE:
- Accidental stains caused by any food or beverage, human or pet bodily fluids, grass, grease, ballpoint pen ink, marker, nail polish, nail polish remover, gum, cosmetics, lipstick, and crayon.*
- Accidental damage from rips, tears, cuts, burns, and punctures.*
- Breakage of frames, springs, sleeper mechanisms, reclining mechanisms, inclining mechanisms, heating and vibrating mechanisms.
COVERAGE FOR CLEAR-COATED, LACQUERED WOOD OR HARD SURFACE FURNITURE:
- Accidental stains caused by any food or beverage, nail polish, nail polish remover and gum.*
- Accidental breakage of the wood frame or structure or other hard surface.*
- Accidental gouge or chip.*
- Heat mark, burn or liquid ring mark.*
- Accidental chip, scratch, or breakage of glass or mirror components. Loss of silvering on mirrors.*
COVERAGE FOR AREA RUGS:
- Accidental stains caused by any food or beverage, human or pet bodily fluids, grass, grease, nail polish, nail polish remover, gum, cosmetics, lipstick, and crayon.*
COVERAGE FOR LAMPS:
- Accidental stains caused by any food or beverage, cosmetics, lipstick, and crayon.*
- Accidental breakage, damage to switch or cord, stains or tears to lamp shade.*
*From a single incident.
TO QUALIFY FOR THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, THE CUSTOMER MUST:
- Have their newly purchased furniture picked up or delivered stain, damage, and soil-free from the authorized dealer.
- Report all plan claims to Guardian within 30 days of the accidental staining or damage occurrence.
- Clean the stained areas only as directed by your care kit instructions. Do not attempt to clean a stain with any unauthorized chemicals as this could cause damage that is not covered by this plan and could void any future plan claim.
WHY GUARDIAN NEEDS YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS:
Plan registration should be completed by the store at the time of furniture and plan purchase. Guardian will e-mail you your official Goof Proof Plus Protection Plan with your unique identification number soon after you receive your new furniture. Receipt of the e-mail assures that your Goof Proof Plus Protection Plan is in full force..You’re protected! Rest assured that Guardian will only use your e-mail address for plan administration. Your furniture is protected and so is your privacy! Incomplete registration will be directed back to the retailer to confirm eligibility to file a claim. Cleaning, repair, or replacement of furniture MUST be first authorized by Guardian and MUST have a Guardian authorization number before any service or replacement is initiated. The Customer must relinquish the replaced item to an authorized Guardian representative.
NOTE: The Customer shall reasonably cooperate with Guardian in its efforts to perform its obligations under this plan. Failure to comply with the provisions in this plan may void any claim. Guardian has the right to void a claim should the customer refuse our attempts to repair or service.
GUARDIAN WILL BE RESPONSIBLE ONLY FOR SERVICING THE WARRANTED STAINED OR DAMAGED AREA OF THE FURNITURE AS FOLLOWS:
- Providing the Customer with a toll-free number to file claims for covered stains or damages.
- If the covered stain persists, Guardian will provide a cleaning kit or have the covered stained or damaged area serviced by a professional technician at no charge to the Customer. Professional cleaning or servicing is limited to the covered stained or damaged area only.
- If the technician cannot remove the covered stain or repair the item(s), Guardian may replace the affected area. If the affected area(s) cannot be replaced, the Customer can select a new replacement piece equal in value to the original purchase price from the retailer from whom this plan was purchased. This value excludes all taxes, delivery/shipping fees or plan purchase price paid on the original invoice.
NOTE: If the customer moves outside of the delivery area of Bob’s Discount Furniture, the customer can choose to pay all applicable shipping/delivery costs associated with the plan claim or choose to have the plan purchase price refunded. This option is dependent upon Bob’s Discount Furniture and the availability of services that may vary from location to location. Guardian is not responsible for fabric or leather dye lot variations, wood finish variations, or manufacturer’s discontinuation. Repair or replacement is limited to the affected item(s) only. Replacement of any item covered by this plan fulfills all terms and conditions of plan coverage for that item. Additional plan coverage may be purchased for the replaced item(s) from the retailer from whom this plan was purchased. All replaced item(s) become the property of Guardian. In an event of a covered claim, the Customer may be given the option of a full refund of their Guardian Protection Program purchase in lieu of cleaning, repair or replacement, should the Customer decide to keep the original furniture in its present condition.
NOTE: If the retailer from whom this plan was purchased is no longer in business, in the case of a covered claim, the plan becomes service only. If the item(s) cannot be serviced, Guardian’s liability will be limited to a refund of the purchase price of this protection plan. Once a refund has been issued for any item, all terms and conditions of the plan will be fulfilled and all future claims will be void.
FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS WARRANTY COVERAGE, THE FOLLOWING DEFINITIONS APPLY:
- Soiling is defined as a gradual buildup of dirt, dust, body oils, perspiration, or any other accumulated stains, which cannot be attributed to a single occurrence. This plan does not cover general soiling.
- Repeated pet bodily fluid stains, ballpoint pen ink, marker, crayon, nail polish, or lipstick marks that are not related to a single incident are considered preventable occurrences and shall not be eligible for accidental plan coverage.
- Perspiration, body oils, and hair oils are specifically not considered a “bodily fluid” and are excluded from this plan coverage. Additionally, this plan does not provide coverage for bodily fluid stains caused by incontinent individuals or pets.
- Accidental rips, tears, cuts, and puncture coverage is defined as damage that clearly penetrates through the upholstery. “Scratches” and “scuff marks” are not covered.
- Hard surfaces include marble, stone, laminates, and other hard, non-wood surfaces.
- Accidental gouges on wood surfaces are defined as damage that clearly penetrates through the clear-coat finish exposing the bare wood. Gouges on hard surfaces clearly damage the surface. Scratches are not covered.
- Do not use any topical treatments other than the products supplied with the purchase of this plan. This plan excludes any claim or liability for defects or damage caused by such topical treatments. USE OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED CLEANING PRODUCTS OR METHODS COULD VOID THIS Plan.
THIS WARRANTY SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES STAINS OR DAMAGE FROM:
This contract is backed by the full faith and credit of Guardian Protection Products, Inc.
- Anything other than the coverage stated above.
- Substances which destroy or change the color or original characteristics of fabrics, leathers or furniture surfaces such as medication (including vitamins), dyes, paints, acids, corrosives, chemicals, bleaches, glues, adhesives, candle wax, ink (except ballpoint pen ink on fabric and leather), and hair treatments such as hair gel, hair spray, mousse, or other like substances.
- Willful abuse or misuse of the covered item, furniture that has been purposely torn, neglected, abused, mishandled, or damaged (including pet or animal damage of any kind other than pet bodily fluids).
- Odors, accumulated or long-term multiple stains and unknown stains, color loss, fading, soiling, and furniture that becomes worn or soiled from everyday use. This plan excludes coverage for stains or damage to furniture caused by wear and tear, or stains or damage to furniture from every day household use as damages of this type cannot be attributed to a relatable accidental occurrence.
- Veneer or topcoat checking; leather or vinyl cracking; leather or vinyl peeling. Separation of seams; seam slippage. Stress tears/rips. Excessive loss of foam resiliency to cushions. All accessories.
- This plan does not apply to any other surfaces including parachute cloth, “X” coded fabrics, non-colorfast materials, draperies, carpets, box springs, mattresses, nubuck, suede or other sensitive leathers, vinyl boxing split/crack, paper, plastic, bare wood or oil finished furniture, and electronic components.
- Any upgrades to furniture that alter the appearance from the manufacturer’s original state. Anything covered under the manufacturer’s plan, defective manufacturing, structural defects, failure of assembled joints, improper installation of material, flaws or natural characteristics, defective finishes, or pre-existing conditions.
- This plan also excludes coverage for “as-is”, “final sale”, “pre-owned”, and rental furniture items. Furniture in non-residential use, in places of public access, or commercial applications.
- Damage caused during, or as a result of delivery, handling, set-up, or assembly, furniture in transit or storage, furniture located outdoors or on patios or screened rooms where it may be directly or indirectly exposed to the elements, damage caused by any natural disasters (including flood or fire damage), property, building, structural, or casualty damage of any kind, items damaged as a result of illegal activity or vandalism, damage by outside contractors, water damage by leaking appliances, water heaters, skylights, and pipes, all losses covered by homeowner’s or renter’s insurance.
- Damage caused by improper cleaning/repair methods or improper cleaning/repair materials.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied and no one is authorized to assume for Guardian any other liability in connection with the sale of this product. This warranty is non-transferable and non-renewable. Guardian shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect damage of whatever kind and shall only be required to service the stained area as described in the coverage section above. This limited warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which vary from location to location.